Smoke Free Policy
The below Smoke Free policy is an excerpt from our Member Protection Policy (which all members must abide by).
The Villa FC recognises that smoking and passive smoking is hazardous to health and those non smoking club members and visitors have the right to be protected from exposure to tobacco.
All club facilities are to be completely smoke free and shall include:
- The clubhouse, inclusive of the bar, canteen and food preparation areas, access ways to and from the field of play, meeting rooms, Referee’s room and storage areas;
- player change rooms inclusive of warm up areas, showers and toilets;
- cigarettes will not be sold (inclusive of vending machines) by the club.
13.2 Players, Coaches & Officials
Coaches, players, trainers, managers, officials and club volunteers will refrain from smoking and remain smoke free while representing the club for the duration of matches and training sessions, in and around technical areas, change rooms and club facilities.
13.3 Policy Application
- All club functions are to be smoke free;
- people leaving a designated licensed area to smoke will not be permitted to take alcohol from that area;
- club functions held away from club facilities will comply with the venue management policy;
- smoke free signage will be displayed at the clubhouse and other non smoking areas;
- the club will promote the smoke free policy by including it in the Member Protection policy and displaying signage;
- smoking will only be permitted well away and down wind from players, spectators and areas designated as smoke-free.
This smoke free policy will be promoted throughout the club and any non compliance will be handled according to the following process:
- Explain the club policy and areas which are smoke free and indicate the areas in which smoking is permitted;
- continued non-compliance could result in the person being asked to leave the non-smoking areas or leave the club facilities or function.
13.5 Policy Review
This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure it remains relevant to club operations and reflects both community expectations and legal requirements.